10 May, 2013

New Grand Cru Pedals and Other Stuff

We're testing our newest Grand Cru pedals. They are single sided pedals intended for folks who use toe clips or half clips. The design is inspired by the old Barelli pedals. The spindle is tapered and spins in giant double sealed bearings*. The platform is 100mm x 72mm, so there is plenty of support for big feet and soft street shoes; they are very comfortable. These pedals are also a little lighter than the Sabot pedals.
The production version will have a silver spindle and hardware. Except for the bearings and hardware, every part of this pedal is designed by VO.
In other news: we just got a few pallets of wheels from our builder, including some that had been out of stock.
These are my new city bike grips, I'm not sure if we'll sell them, but I love the colors and wanted some for my own bike. You like?

* This prototype has shielded ISK bearings installed (this note is only for you engineers out there).

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the grips!

Phillip said...

Yes we like the pedals and the grips. When will you make them?

Unknown said...

those grips are great and the colours are gorgeous, please sell!

bicycletorch said...

I would love a pair of those grips!

phil said...

I kinda dig the pedals. I've been struggling with pedal recently. I like the width of the mks touring pedals, but they dig into my soles. I like the mks new urban pedal, but not quite wide enough. how much do you plan on selling these for?

uccr.co.uk said...

nice work on the pedals, will have a pair for my 1949 'Vindec speedwing special' restoration.

VeloOrange said...

We'll try to have the pedals in September, but with new components there are often delays. Cost should be a bit more than the Sabots, maybe $100.

Still not sure about the grips since they are rather expensive. Around $60. I suppose you could rearrange the colored rings view them as art.

Tim K. said...

Want that grippage!

Anonymous said...

It appears the pedals will happily accept PowerGrips, too. These are especially handy when you have utterly the wrong shoes: you can just step ON the powergrips and ride on.

Plus, I like the grips better than clips, anyway.

The bearings are heavy-duty. How over-built strong are the axles?

Many thanks for the continued innovation(s)!

Owen

Matteo said...

Will there be reflectors on the pedals? I know they make a big difference for visibility, and think it is important.

Austin said...

I think those might be the new upgrade to my MKS GR-9Touring pedals.

josh said...

love the look of the pedals, but prefer 2-sided platforms without clips or straps.

grips look awesome but i'd never pay $60.

Anonymous said...

brooks look a like? If u use diffent colors, u have added value...

Scott M. said...

If those grips could come down in price at all, I'd be all over them.

Unknown said...

Say Chris,
what ever happened to the grand cru pedals?